FRIDAY MAY 22nd 2020
Update re: school re-opening week beginning June 1st.
I am extremely grateful for all of your recent messages within which you have expressed your appreciation of our on-going provision as well as offering thoughts and ideas relating to the proposed re-opening of St. George’s (Reception and Nursery) and St. Margaret’s (Year 6). This update is aimed at providing clarity for parents of all the children across the Federation.
In order to fully prepare staff and the school site for the return of a significantly larger number of children and staff, we will remain closed for staff training and a deep clean on both Monday 1st June and Tuesday 2nd June. This time is essential to ensure a safe return for us all.
June 1st has always been designated as a non-pupil training day and so for parents of key workers, we hope that childcare needs can also be met for June 2nd (one additional training day). As a last resort, please contact the school via email if you are unable to find any alternative child care for this one day.
When coming into school:
St. George’s Infant School:
St. Margaret’s Junior School
Information for parents of children in Year 1
We will be able to offer a provision for all pupils in Year One, once children in Nursery and Reception have returned and our risk assessment assures us that we have the capacity to invite children in Year 1 back to school. In the interim period, we will continue to provide learning resources for the children at home.
Information for parents of children in Years 2, 3, 4 and 5
The Government has the stated ambition for pupils in these year groups to return to school at some point before the end of the year. We will do everything possible to support this aim but will only do so if this is achievable without compromising the safety of the children and staff whilst adhering to the DfE advice and guidance. In the interim period, we will continue to provide learning resources for the children at home. More information about this provision will be provided after the half-term holiday.
As previously mentioned, please refer to the risk assessment on the school websites within the coronavirus updates section for further detail. Should you still have specific queries, then please contact the school office via email.
All of the plans detailed above are subject to change. It is my understanding that the Government intends to formally announce its decision whether schools will re-open on June 1st, next Friday 29th May.
In order to avoid any potential confusion, should it be the case that the Government decide to delay the return of Nursery, EYFS and Year 6 children into schools, then pupils whose parents are key workers as well as those other identifiable pupils, will still be able to come into school, following the plans detailed above as from June 3rd.
Thank you for your ongoing support.